Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I went to the courthouse yesterday and filed a lawsuit

Customer Question

I went to the courthouse yesterday and filed a lawsuit against the young woman from our previous conversations. I have now served her with two demand letters. I received 15,000.00 of the 20,000.00 she attempted to steal from me. The second demand letter was an attempt to recoup the 15,000.00 she obtained from me under false pretenses. This letter was ignored. On the 22 my phone started to alarm due to a reminder she put in the phone to remember our first encounter. I responded to this alarm with the response HA. She then somehow managed to delete the reminders from my phone. I responded that I thought her response was childish and informed her I was filing a lawsuit yesterday if she would not reconsider her position in this matter. As I received no response, I in fact filed the suit and asked in what manner could I convey the relevant paperwork to her. She responded by calling the police and tried to have me arrested for the event of December 21 which is mentioned in my original interaction with you. The police refused to charge me. But came to my house and informed me that I cannot contact her in any manner, including through a third party or I will be arrested for harassment. She presented the police with documents fom my demand letters as evidence of said harassment. I was also informed that there was no police involvement on the 21 and that her email and threats were outright lies. This latest event as with the previous one was a blatant attempt to inhibit or preclude my ability to seek the only legal redress available to me in this matter. I am now faced with the quandary of having legal documents that I wish to serve her and no apparent manner in which to do so. The police said the only real option open to me was a lawyer. Could you give me some advice as to what or how I can or should proceed.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.

You should consider using a lawyer just to deal with the initiation of the lawsuit and the service and also to help you deal with the police.

It is not harassment to send demand letters threatening a lawsuit but the police are now protecting her to some extent so you need to involve your own lawyer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. Are you allowed or do you handle these kinds of cases.

Unfortunately I cannot have direct contact with you as that would be against the rules of the site.