Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

No.. Sure..My wife is accused under $5000(first time..)and

Customer Question

Hello Wilson
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No..
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Sure..My wife is accused for theft under $5000(first time..)and police issued form 9.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: April 22nd my wife has to go police stn for fimger prints and may 6th to appear on court
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.

What is your actual question please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We gave to fly back to India before go to police station , will it be problem flying ? And she was having 20 months baby on stroller and then unknowingly came out. And she is not good in English. When she try to explain the situation no one understood.

Are you saying you are from India and are returning home?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
correct . We have to fly back to India as my work permit expiring soon . My wife is in same position, under visitor record

You will not be stopped from leaving Canada but when your spouse does not show up for the fingerprints and then the court appearance a warrant will be issued for her arrest.

That means if she plans on returning she cannot do this as next time she could be arrested at the border upon trying to return.

This is something that can hang over her head for a very long time and so it is much better to deal with this before she leaves, through a lawyer if necessary.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay that's good .sure we do finger prints once tickets are booked . I hope after finger print we can travel ? Please correct me if it wrong. Then for court appearance we need lawyer .

You can still travel.

So do the fingerprints and hire a criminal lawyer.

I hope that helps.