Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have been subjected to a lot of things such

Customer Question

I have been subjected to a lot of things such as:vandalism,harassment,character assassination for about 8 years.I moved to another place to get away,but still the issues
is not going away.This person whom I had misunderstanding,has a high profile and I feel the bias in my community.What I do?Thank You
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.

There are two options that I see.

The first is to call the police about the vandalism as that is a criminal offence.

The second is to retain a lawyer and have the lawyer send the person a letter demanding they cease and desist, provide a written retraction about the statements made, provide a written apology and threaten a lawsuit for significant damages. Then if that doesn't work your next step would be to sue them for damages.

I hope that helps as a starting point.