Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have a completely fraudulent complaint filed against my

Customer Question

I have a completely fraudulent complaint filed against my company in Ripoff Report. I know who did this but I have no way of proving who did t and the information on Ripoff Report is anonymous.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Just look at that link. It is so obviously false
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this but what is your question specifically?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think I need a subpoena to get the RipoffReport to release the name and email of the person that put the defamatory report in. With that name I will have what I need to start a lawsuit.So how do I go about making this company release that information to me.Brad
You would have to sue the company. You are going to have to start a lawsuit and seek an order against the company.This is going to be extremely complex and very expensive and if the company is not based in Canada it's going to be extraordinarily expensive for you to do this.Do you see what I mean? It is sadly very unlikely that you will be able to succeed. But it is possible that you could scare them to allowing you to put in a refutation the completely addresses this defamatory statement. And, if they don't agree you could always have a lawyer send them a letter threatening a lawsuit.Please don't shoot the messenger but telling you what you want to hear is not going to help you and as a senior lawyer I'm certainly not going to give you any information that's not completely accurate and honest and realistic.