Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I purchased marijuana products online from

Customer Question

I purchased marijuana products online for delivery from They accepted my e-mail transfer payment of over $200 on March 2nd, and guarantee delivery within 3-4 days of payment, however I still have not received my order. They also guarantee a response to e-mails through their website within 24 hours, but my numerous inquiries and e-mails have been completely ignored. I am a student and cannot afford to lose that amount of money for nothing, I was wondering if there was any course of legal action I could take against this company? Breach of contract? False advertising? I understand the purchase of marijuana products may be a sensitive area legally, so I don't know how to approach being the victim of such a scam, if it is in fact that. Thanks for your help!
Joe S.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.

Where are they located and where are you located?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am located in Peterborough, however I don't know where they are located. Their website states that they deliver to Peterborough.

I reviewed their website and there is likely no easy way to find them to serve the with documents or to collect if you get a judgment.

As well, to sue for $200 is not going to make sense as it will likely cost more to sue then you are owed.

You can certainly send them a letter threatening a lawsuit.

And you can also see if your bank will assist as it you can state you believe you are the victim of a scam.

But aside from that I don't see that you have a lot of options unfortunately.

Do you understand what I am explaining?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I understand, thank you so much for your help. I think going to the bank is the best course of action. I appreciate your advice, thanks again.

You are very welcome. I am so sorry this happened to you!