Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

We have a board of directors in ower condo that made a no

Customer Question

we have a board of directors in ower condo that made a no visiting dogs rule.we the pet owner were upset that we did not get to vote on this rule,we hounded the board untell thy finaly gave us a meeting.the meeting was a disaster.the president interupted ower speaker was rude to her,and it seemed she had promted the audience[dog haters] to be rude & disruptive as well. Is there any thing that I can do to inform this president that she is out of line
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

All are you asking about simply letting her know how displeased you are or are you asking for something more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can I get her to take me seriously,she thinks she is right and we can not even talk to her. she has a big head,I would like to show her we are serious about ower position.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you send her letter speaking clearly and frankly and also not really mincing your words and stating that she as a board member owes you a duty of care and she is required by law to ensure that she treats all owners fairly and equally and consistently and if she is not doing that she is in breach of her duties and should not be on the board.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you I ll use your paragraph in my letter to her ron clermont
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome. I hope it works out.