Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am doing some research family member who has a problem in

Customer Question

I am doing some research for a family member who has a problem in his community, where there is a proposed sewage pump planned right next to his property. There is no gain for the homeowners, as they are not in the municipal jurisdiction, but the pump will be in an area which is very green and environmental, and all of the houses have wells. The concern is that the wells will dry up, and that area is not on the water system. Also, there is concern for the value of their homes. The problem is on Vancouver Island, so I am wondering what you might recommend for the homeowners to get some help to fight city hall.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 9 months ago.

There are two potential routes.

The first is to have a number owners contact their elected municipal counselor and seek their assistance.

The second is to retain a lawyer that specializes in municipal law and have the lawyer take this on and threaten a lawsuit. The more owners come together the cheaper the legal fees will be and the more powerful they will become.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.