Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My question is I been working in Alberta near Conklin

Customer Question

My question is I been working in Alberta near Conklin for Security company my security is sub contractor for Enbridge and Midwest pipeline co .
I have been kept in Camp .Due camp hygiene condition I get sick I complain to camp staff they get angry one day one day I was taking my break fast after my night shift the camp employees were too loud and having some dirty jokes next to my table I get up from table Tough that time 80% of dining hall was empty. I stood up from table go to the end of dining hall and speak to lady who poses her self manager. But she was not after listening my whole tale she said to me I will take you to right person and than she was taking me al around with four persons. Ultimately I come across real manager Catherin after listening all my tale .She apologies and say sorry for inconvenience , But she reported to contractor that I ill behaved with their team member.
Now the contractor ask subcontractor to remove me from my dormitory immediately.
My subcontractor has removed within 2 hours. and take me to Fort McMurray airport .where he kept me in hotel and next day early morning flight to BC from where belong.
First of I have right to complain against nosy situation in hall and abusive languages used by Kirby Lodge team.
My question why I was not given verbal or written warning ?
Apparently in my case the malice hostility and discrimination is clear.
Lastly the my on parole of subcontractor so Contractor has no right to issue any removal order for me.
Could you be kind enough to let me know my rights and if I have to file case what will be procedure.
My Name is***** cell(###) ###-####my email***@******.***
my mailing address is 302-153 Wakesiah Avenue Nanaimo BC V9R3K1.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Can you confirm that you are an employee of the security company?

What is the security company saying about your situation?

How long have you worked for them for?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am on pay role of Janvier management Inc. My security company is asking me to write letter to contractor and defend myself. My job duration is over 5 months my weekly hours 84 two or three weeks on week or two week off depending on job.
So far I have worked over 1200 hours .

So you've only worked for Janvier for the 5 months or at this one camp?

And is Janvier prepared to find you another placement?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not the same camp but different locations Janvier management/

I am not sure which question you are answering.

Are you saying you worked for Janvier in total for 5 months.

And is Janvier prepared to keep you on as an employee and find you other placements?