Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

May I have Legal Ease again if possible, please. I co-own a

Customer Question

May I have Legal Ease again if possible, please.I co-own a home with a friend in Windsor Ontario. We are joint owners. I do not live there. She lives there only part-time. Finally she has proposed to buy me out.In the lawyers proposal, it asks if I will agree to pay for half the appraisal for the house and then once a figure has been obtained, half the equity would go to me. I would like to send back the agreement, however, I would like to add additional items of my own, ie. I agree to this with these additions:that we split the costs of removing my name from the mortgage (which is far cheaper), but I will not agree to pay half if she chooses instead to close,and a new mortgage is sought (expensive)Can you tell me how to word that I wish to add to their request, in my response, please, so that it sounds professional.Thank you
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 9 months ago.

You can just send back her proposal with amendments or else send back a counter-proposal. You can say you agree with ...... so long as your additional requirements are agreed to as well and then set them out.

Is that what you mean?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That helps

If you feel we are done for now then please rate me so that I can get credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.