Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My husband just returned to s workplace after a workplace

Customer Question

My husband just returned to his workplace after a workplace injury on Jan. 21/16 for 4 hours a day on modified duties. WSIB denied his claim for lost time injury last week stating there was no clinical proof that he had the injury that two doctors stated he had on the required forms for WSIB. On his second day returning to work his employers representative for WSIB told him that since he was appealing the WSIB decision all of his wages would be sent to WSIB until his appeal is resolved. These are the wages he should be earning for the 4 hours daily that he is currently working. My question is 'Can they legally take his wages for work he has performed since returning to work?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 9 months ago.

They cannot take his pay that he has earned.

He should file a complaint with the Employment Standards Branch and they will assist him in getting back any wages he has already earned.