Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

How do I find out if my former husband has married again. I

Customer Question

How do I find out if my former husband has married again. I saw that his live-in partner is listed with his last name in the telephone directory.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: We have been in an 8 year long divorce matter. I need to know this information, as it will be considered as a material change in circumstance.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I cannot find any other information. There have been no announcements, nothing in the Internet. The woman still lists herself with her maiden name on anything public, such as Facebook. My children have not been informed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 9 months ago.

Is this needed because you are providing him with spousal support? If so, doesn't the agreement/ order talk about a spousal relationship rather than just a legal marriage?