Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I drank way too much on Saturday night. I have a story with

Customer Question

I drank way too much on Saturday night. I have a history with alcohol abuse. My boyfriend of 3 years and I got into a verbal argument at home after 12 hours of drinking. I blocked him in the bedroom and he very gently moved me out of the way. One hand on a shoulder and was not forceful in any way. I turned to leave and tripped over a towel that was laying on the floor and fell into the open door and had a black eye. This was completely my fault but I was really drunk and angry so I called the police because I wanted him to leave because of our verbal argument. I was drunk and hysterical on the phone with 911 and he got arrested. I called the next morning after finding out that he could not contact me or anything because I thought he was just sent to his mother's. I was so drunk that I don't remember what I said to the police that night but apparently I said he threw me into the door. I have a history of alcohol abuse and I tried to do everything I could to stop the process that had happened that I didn't know would. I called all attending officers the next morning and told them that that was incorrect and he didn't harm me and I was never told he had been arrested. I was then told to write a written statement because I had refused the night before . I did this stating that he did nothing to me and dropped it off at the police station. I asked the police officer if I needed a lawyer before I did this. He said no. Now I am worried that I could be charged with filING a false report because I will lose my job and my bf does not deserve any of this. I was dramatic drunk and emotional and an idiot.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

That's a very unfortunate situation. You're in BC, so you're dealing with the RCMP, right?

What exactly are you asking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am dealing with the rcmp and I am wondering what else I can do to make this all go away and if I am at risk of being charged with filing a false police report.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I have my moneyes back considering I have not received anything from you?
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I was away from the site for a couple of days. The experts aren't site employees, and I got busy with my own private law practise.

If you have got help elsewhere, that's good. I can ask the site to refund your deposit or we can continue to discuss your matter if you wish, let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund