Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am in Quebec Canada and have boarded my horse at a stable

Customer Question

hi I am in Quebec Canada and have boarded my horse at a stable for the past 3 months. I did not sign a contract everything was verbal.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: recently my dog crossed over onto the neighbours property or so I was told by the barn owner.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: yes, sorry, the next morning I received a text message giving me 4 days until midnight on Feb 29th to have my horse and tack off his property. Is this legal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 9 months ago.

I know that you did not have a written agreement but in your verbal agreement was the boarding to be for a fixed amount of time, for example, a year?