Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My husband's ex has repeatedly breached a consent order she

Customer Question

My husband's ex has repeatedly breached a consent order she signed. She isn't to call him, email him except once every Sunday with update on kids, submit any applicable Section 7 expenses and arrange the next visitation date/time. Only other contact outside of this is solely for kid emergency situations. Well she has called his cell twice and hung up, called his landline and spoke with him re non emergency issues( she even admitted she shouldn't have called and that she could be in trouble for doing so). Also she has sent more than the one email on Sunday. Has gotten threading in some of them... Don't see children. We want to have her found in contempt but were told that these are mere breaches...she needs to show intentional disregard of the order for a judge to have a successful charge. What is the difference between her breaches an this intentional disregard????
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question. It's a good one.

What would you like to accomplish here, long term? You say "don't see the children", is she withholding access?