Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Does a probation order in ontario applies on all provinces?

Customer Question

Does a probation order in ontario applies on all provinces ? ( per example i have a probation order from ontario, does the conditions applies in quebec too? )
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind for the phone call, missclicked
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes. The probation order applies worldwide actually unless it is an order made under the provincial offences act.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But will the other province know of it or no? for example its written that i cant drive during that time does it apply in quebec that i cant drive too? like will quebec know about i cant drive if i do because i called the saaq ( for the licence of quebec ) they told me my license was valid and that i am allowed to drive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats my conditions
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

It is not clear if they will know but it is a very clear breach to drive and the consequences could be dire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but why did they tell me in qc im allowed to drive
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Because as far as the Ministry of transportation is concerned you have a licence. But you are not permitted to drive because your probationary order forbids it.

For example, let's say there is a probation order that says someone may not consume alcohol. So that person calls up the ministry that regulates alcohol and says I am 25 so can I drink and they will say yes because the drinking age is 18 but if the probation order says that person cannot drink and then thevperson cannot drink. Do you see what I mean?