Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Re condo townhouse. Have just found out that we 't have an

Customer Question

Re condo townhouse.
Have just found out that we don't have an up to date contract with them at all! They are still going by the same set of rules written in 1988. There has never been a new one drawn up when we changed to this company.
This company sets the rules as they seem fit! And everytime we disagree or ,for example want double signatures they threaten to raise the maintenance fees
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Then the Board has to terminate the contract and if the directors are not able to take on this company because they directors are intimidated then they need to speak to the condo corp's lawyer and have that lawyer deal with this company for them.

They cannot legally set the rules as we have discussed before. They simply have no independent authority. They get delegated authority only, from the Board. They are the employee and the Board is the employer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you so much William, I have been trying to get this through to them, and nobody seems to concerned!
Nancy Gladman
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

I really hope this works out!