How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 98030
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a child with my boyfriend. How can this affect s

Customer Question

I have a child with my boyfriend. How can this affect his child support to his ex wife. Also if we move in with each other how does it affect his child support with his ex and how will it affect the child support I receive for my children
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Having another child with a different parent does not at all affect child support payments currently in place.

Living with your boyfriend will not affect your right to child-support for your children either.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Related Canada Law Questions