Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

How much of a fee does the executor get?

Customer Question

Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 9 months ago.

An Executor in an Estate is entitled by law to take a fee for the work performed in this capacity. The amount can vary from Province to Province but in Ontario for instance, the maximum compensation that an Executor can receive is 5% of the total value of the Estate.

This obviously depends upon the size and complexity of the Estate and how much work is required.

If you can let me know what Province you're in and roughly how much the Estate would be worth, I can give you some idea of what to expect.

Jim

Expert:  Jody-cssm replied 9 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/canada-law/9jw0w-fee-does-executor-get.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team.

Do you need anything further?

Jim

Expert:  Copperlaw replied 8 months ago.

I see that you were back in and viewed my response however I do not see a reply from you.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information that I have provided or if you need anything further at all.

Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating so that I can be credited for the time that I have spent with you.

Jim