Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I invested in a small business which is incorporated. The

Customer Question

I invested in a small business which is incorporated. The business didn't have credit for a power Hookup so I used my other business to get the power hooked up. The founder of the business i invested in never paid the power bill and now it has been transfered over to my current business and a disconnext notice issued. Do I have any way legally to recoup money from the business I invested in to pay the power bill
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

How much are you owed from the new business?

What province is this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bill is for $3400. This is in Newfoundland
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can send the small incorporated business a demand letter by Registered Mail. In the letter set out the facts and provide the business with a deadline for paying you in full. State in the letter that if they do not comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and your costs.

You can sue them in Small Claims Court and can self-represent and if it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.