Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

What is the statute of limitations on a MIF Deficiency

Customer Question

what is the statute of limitations on a MIF Deficiency Jugdment
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: this is over 10 years old i have not got an tax return back in over 10 years when i file they thax my return $16000 has cost me over $40000
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Went Through a devorce the house was sold for $16000 less than owed I was unemployed my ex ended up paying 00.60 on the dollar that was supposed to be it but the end of it because she owned a how out east the bill colector screwed me over and said i owed the balance he split the debt I have not had a tax return for over 10 years as I explained ..Try fightin with the government I thought there would be a staute of limitations..just got anothe letter that they will still be taking my tax return
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no but can tou tell me is there a statute of limitations..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What province are you in please?