Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

What do I do with a will I no longer am POA for?

Customer Question

Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 9 months ago.

Are you saying that you are safe keeping the will for the parent?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was in that I chose to be her caregiver. Family arguements led to me wanting to revoke POA and even will.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
have mailed letter with signature witness by bank offical to both my mother and her lawyer. She is 87. She weent against me.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I lost the POAs papers????mysteriously wonderring if they were stolen or just lost somehow in transit

If she has a lawyer than simply send the will to the lawyer. In the covering letter say that you were keeping this for safekeeping but no longer are going to be involved in her life and do not want the responsibility of keeping this will safe.

That should be all you need to do and you will be relieved of any responsibilities.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
emotionally very difficult for me to be in control of the situation. Am stressed and just told now I have a bigger hernia and inflammed stomach lining.

I am sorry to hear this.

You clearly don't need this additional aggravation and so it is a good idea to let someone else take over so you can heal in peace.