Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Are u in canada?
, are u in BC canada?
,

Customer Question

are u in canada?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: are u in BC canada?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

All of the lawyers who answer questions on the Canada law list are in Canada.

Please set out all of the facts and then provide me with your specific question.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, couple days ago I went to see my ex girl friend at her place of education. she called the police upon me and couple days later vancouver department police has asked me to cease all of my contact with her whatsoever, I will obey the law but I email the officer back that on 23 of the January I received an email from her that the content of the email was written in a way that I though she still has feeling towards me, she told me to that she still think about me and maybe we can later meet up, anyways the officer called me and he said he is going to trust me and close the file, is restraining order on her hand or officer ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is it possible to talk to you by phone I am very worried.

I am not able to speak to you on the telephone. The rules of my law society prohibit me from doing this. That is because you are not my client.

Should we continue by posting up and back?

If so, are you asking about whether you may start contacting her again?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
could u call me please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no I will not contact her whatsoever, i am done with her once the file is closed, is this restraining order gets closed to ?

It does not sound like there ever was a restraining order. It seems to me that you were warned to stay away and the officer said that he trusted you and that was it. So there is no restraining order, the matter is done but you should not go anywhere near her.

Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how to find out if I am not on restraining order?

Called the police officer tomorrow and ask.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
if the file gets closed is the restraining order also be ceased how does it work?

Not necessarily but it seems to me that the file is being closed because there is no order. Please stop worrying and speak to the police officer tomorrow to confirm.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
its just a warning right?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
if there was a restraing order going on the police would not close the file right ?

Yes it was a warning as far as I can see from your facts and they would not close the file if there was a restraining order.

They are saying they are closing the file because they don't believe there is a reason to require a restraining order.