CanLaw
CanLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
90963527

I paid a company to move me (they called me services) I paid

Customer Question

I paid a company to move me (they called me for the services) I paid half - within 2 weeks they called for more money, I ended up paying full amount for the move before it was done....they put my things into storage, of which I thought was close to where I was moving, I later found out it was in the same city I moved from.....I ended up paying for 6 months of storage as they did not move my things to where I was living, I flew back, paid the storage and transported my things to where I now live....they kept telling me that they would send my things to where I am now, but after 6 months....nothing was resolved....they told me they would refund my money to me....that never happened....what recourse do I have....I gave them 7373.50 it cost me another 4000+ for stoarage and rental for UHaul and driver...never got any $'s from the original company - and they are still operating and doing the same to others....what can I do?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  CanLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your situation.

You have a potential small claims court case against the company.

Expert:  CanLaw replied 1 year ago.

At this point it is in your best interest to meet with a lawyer face to face to discuss the facts. The lawyer will advise you of your rights and draft a statement of claim against the company. The first step would be to ask the lawyer to write a demand letter to the moving company setting out your position and threatening litigation

Expert:  CanLaw replied 1 year ago.

You can contact the New Brunswick Law Society at(###) ###-####and they can put you in contact with a lawyer. They also have a lawyer search option on their web page

https://secure.lawsociety-barreau.nb.ca/memberdirectory/Search.aspx

Expert:  CanLaw replied 1 year ago.

If my answer was helpful please provide me with a positive rating.

Thanks,