Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am thinking of immigrating to Canada with my wife. My wife

Customer Question

I am thinking of immigrating to Canada with my wife. My wife and I are both self employed software engineers making over 230,000 CAD per year. Is it possible to immigrate to Canada and continue working as self employed, or would we both need to find jobs there first?An online points calculator said I have 67 points.I hold a UK passport and my wife has an Irish passport (I can also get an Irish passport). We currently reside in The Netherlands.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

You would not be able to apply under the self-employed category as that is limited those in the cultural/arts fields or who can manage a farm.

But you may be able to enter as a skilled worker even if you don't have a job offer.

I suggest you review this information as your first step and then consider retaining an immigration lawyer in Canada to assist you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp