Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

As seniors my Common law husband and I were travelling to a

Customer Question

As seniors my Common law husband and I were travelling to a meeting and were 10 kms from the nearest town, when our car caught on fire and was completely destroyed. Not knowing how to deal with car insurance we were forced to take nearest offer; this included a payment that would cover what was owing to the car plus a few extra dollars. My CL never had any schooling and I was not familiar with this. I was told by our insurance company to start looking for a car, which we did, the car we got was new and now our payments our for six years. Question, can we go after the car company, this car was 5 years old, and did not give warning to our predicament
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Has anyone indicated to you what the cause of the fire was?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am not permitted to speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada my law society prohibits me from speaking to you on the telephone because you are not my client.

If you wish to go ahead please answer my previous question.