Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My grandson had a girlfriend from Russia over the

Customer Question

my grandson had a girlfriend from Russia over the lnternet...she said she wants to come here but has no money.so he gave her his creditcard lnfo.so she can buy the plainticket...but then she missused it and used tausends of dollars...then she was done with him.....ever since he is in a deep depression....he thinks she should be punished but how can he do that.??????
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question. I'm sorry that this happened to your grandson. It's a well known scam. How much money has he lost?

I'm here if you want to discuss your grandson's issue.

Ulysses

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I like more answers to my Question about my Grandson and His russian Ex girlfriend.....my Grandson wants to know if there is any Way that she can be punished...I absolutely cant pay that Creditcardbill...I only have my old age pension....and my Grandson has a Job that pays not much....He cant understand that anybody would do what she did. He trusted People and now he is totally crushed......He is so depressed. And it affects me too.....thank you for listening....HELP
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm sorry I've been away from the site for nearly two weeks now. I'm just getting back on now.

I hope you reported the fraudulent charges to the credit card company, perhaps they'd reverse the charges. Did you contact the credit card?