Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Is the alienation of affections recognized as an injury in

Customer Question

Customer: Is the alienation of affections recognized as an injury in Canadian Law?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My daughter refuses to let me spend any time with her children, my granddaughters. Do I have any recourse?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes. My daughter lives in Austria but each year visits her mother, my ex-wife, in Ottawa where I live. She and my granddaughters, every summer, spend 6 weeks together at my former wife's apartment, within a 10 minute walk of my apt. Normally, my daughter brings the girls to my apt. for one or two visits, neither of which ever exceeds 4 hours. I am unable to negotiate any more time with them. Can the law help me?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

How old is the child? How did the child come to live in Europe rather than with either parent?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm still here if you want to discuss your family law matter.

Ulysses