Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Not ago, i went to strip club. Bought a drink, then a few

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. Not long ago, i went to strip club. Bought a drink, then a few ladies approached me and offered to join them in a private room. they have indicated what the fees are, and i agreed. A few minutes later I felt completely spaced out - perhaps they put something in the wine. A waitress came in with a machine and asked for my credit card. the initial fee was what i was expecting and i paid. however, she kept on coming back again and again, i think over 15 times or so. it was too dark for me to see, but what i thought to be 400 transaction in reality would be 4000, they tried 9k, 8k, and kept going constantly until my credit cards were maxed out. then they said that the bar is closed, and i ended up with a bill of tenths of thousands of dollars. is there a basis for a legal/criminal action against that establishment?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i'd rather not type it in chat, perhaps we could discuss it over the phone?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 10 months ago.

I understand you prefer to discuss your matter over the phone. As such, I will offer the Phone Service.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, Daniel!
I am not sure, why my question was closed. It was not answered really. Sorry, I did not back to you right away. As far as the phone call goes - do I have to pay an extra $69? It's a bit confusing?

I think if you accept the Offer I proposed then it's $52, but you may want to talk with the site staff about that as I deal with the legal questions, not payment or site logistics.