Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

IN AN EDMONTON PUBLIC PARKING LOT CAN A 72 PASSENGER BUS S

Customer Question

IN AN EDMONTON PUBLIC PARKING LOT CAN A 72 PASSENGER BUS HIS OR HER BUS PARK TO GO TO THE WASHROOM. GARY
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gary

There is nothing prohibiting the bus driver from stopping or parking the bus on the parking lot as a public lot would carry with it an implied invitation for anyone to enter and park therein.

If it is a lot that requires payment for parking, then the driver could be penalized if he took up spots and did not pay for same. But otherwise, there's no legislation either provincial or municipal that would prohibit the bus from entering or using the parking lot.

Please let me know if you require anything further.

Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating.

Jim