How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 96432
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I loaned $150,000 to a friend month now having trouble to

Customer Question

Customer: i loaned $150,000 to a friend for 3 month now having trouble to get repayed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i do have a letter, pers. guarantee, but how good is it can i put alean on property?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $39 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

To be able to read to register a lien on title you first need to obtain a judgment. This means you should be sending the person a demand letter and then if they fail to comply with the deadline that you should set for repayment in the letter you would commence legal proceedings.

When you get a judgment you can then seek to enforce it against their assets. You can seize bank accounts or other assets, garnish wages or register liens on title.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, thank you i will do as you recommended
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

You are very welcome.

Expert:  ronald-cssm replied 10 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (
Thank you, ***** Support Team.

Related Canada Law Questions