Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

, Feb. 15 2013 by boyfriend (now ex) broke my shoulder

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Feb. 15 2013 by boyfriend (now ex) broke my shoulder in 3 places. I have over $3,000 out of pocket expenses for co-pays to doctors, PT, etc. We discussed him reimbursing me and he said we could handle this amicably but now we have ended our 15 year relationship and I want to know if I can legally get him to reimburse me for my out of pocket expenses. I know I should have pressed charges but he has 3 domestics on his record now, I didn't want to send him to jail and he took care of me while my arm was out of use.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province are you in please?