How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother has a timeshare in Ontario which she can no longer

Customer Question

My mother has a timeshare in Ontario which she can no longer use (she is old and has moved to Alberta). She has tried to sell it but to no avail ... she is paying a lot of money every year in fees. What would be the result of her stopping payment on her fees and "walking away". Obviously I don't want to inherit the debt when she passes!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Has she asked them about walking away and whether she could just pay a penalty?

Related Canada Law Questions