Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I previously had a loan with Cash Store. It was paid off by

Customer Question

Customer: I previously had a loan with Cash Store. It was paid off by insurance. I now have checked my credit bureau and it says I owe Money Mart for these outstanding loans. I am furious. I called Money Mart and they said yes I owe them. They told me to contact the collection agency. I said "No you will contact them". I would like to know what I can do about this as it is now affecting my credit horribly!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There were 2 line of credit loans taken out in 2011. I ended up going off work for abit and had to use the insurance coverage to pay off the loans. Now Money Mart is saying I owe these.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

Can you prove that you paid off these loans?