How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am writing, to ask you advice, I was living in Canada as

Customer Question

good morning , I am writing, to ask you for some advice, I was living in Canada as an illegal resident for 10 years, I had a home there ,I made an application with my lawyers in Ontario in 2014 for residency on compassionate grounds and it was refused, and I was given a date to depart Canada in april of 2015 , I did not depart until October 2015, and I am now living back in Ireland ,my first question is ,is there any point in making a further application,, my second question is I think I have to inform someone there that I have left the country , can you tell me please who do I address this letter to.
I remain your truly.
William logan
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

When you left the country did you get your passport stamped or did you say anything to immigration as you were leaving?

Related Canada Law Questions