Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am writing, to ask you advice, I was living in Canada as

Customer Question

good morning , I am writing, to ask you for some advice, I was living in Canada as an illegal resident for 10 years, I had a home there ,I made an application with my lawyers in Ontario in 2014 for residency on compassionate grounds and it was refused, and I was given a date to depart Canada in april of 2015 , I did not depart until October 2015, and I am now living back in Ireland ,my first question is ,is there any point in making a further application,, my second question is I think I have to inform someone there that I have left the country , can you tell me please who do I address this letter to.
I remain your truly.
William logan
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

When you left the country did you get your passport stamped or did you say anything to immigration as you were leaving?