Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have a question regarding defamation. We are currently

Customer Question

Hello I have a question regarding defamation. We are currently involved in a child custody and access case. We meaning my partner and I. My ex is pulling out all the stops and has now. Publicly published (court documents) stating my partner is a drug addict and I am a neglegent mother. My partner is very high up in his company as well as they do drug testing. He has never done drugs, or has had any trouble with the law. They have now started calling and harassing his work saying they are calling from a lawyers office. ( when we traced the IP address it came back to his cousins house lol) they have now involved work and lodged a FACS investigation on us. We have nothing to hide or be ashamed of however work is being missed due to this and now their work is being harassed. What do we do? Do we have grounds for a lawsuit. I know his company is less then impressed
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 10 months ago.

Hello Corynn, thank you for the question.

Is this family matter currently in litigation? Your meeting on the 18th, is that a Settlement Conference at court or a meeting outside court?

Is your lawyer doing a decent job, other than being currently unavailable while on vacation?

Hello Corynn. I'm still here if you want to discuss your matter, although the emergency may be over. Is there anything about this you want to discuss with me?