Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My name is ***** *****. I flew back from vacation and they

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****. I flew back from vacation and they held me because apparently the brockville police has a warrant for my arrest for breach of probation. My issue is I don't understand because I was on probation 8 years ago.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was on probation for theft, I had taken money from my boyfriends account it was a messy break up and he controlled the money so I took it and left and he charged me with theft. I pled guilty and was given probation.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Its important and would like some answers today.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  CaptanLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I'm a criminal defence lawyer who can assist you with your inquiry. As per the Terms of Service, we are only permitted to provide general legal information, rather than specific legal advice.

First of all, have you been charged for the Fail to Comply with Probation? Or were you just held for the purpose of investigation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response I will contact a lawyer.