Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I had my exwife move into my basement and I new she was

Customer Question

I had my exwife move into my basement and I new she was cheating on me and I found a SIM card with a bunch of information on it and eventually she found out can she charge me with anything
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

Are you asking about whether you can be charged because you found information by using her SIM card? How did you obtain the card?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was in her personal belongings

If you looked through her personal belongings and took out the card and if it is clear that she had a reasonable expectation of privacy because she had put the card away then it is possible that you would be charged.

However, it is exceedingly unlikely that you would be charged. The reason why is the police do not want to spend time dealing with issues that they can say are personal issues that you should taken up with the family court judge. And, the Family Court Judge, frankly, will not not care so really, you have very little to worry about.