Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My name is ***** ***** and I have a question re the 407

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have a question re the 407
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Around 2003 and 2004 I ws travelling on the 407 to which I paid those bills. In 2004 my nephew reck my car and I was requested to pay State farm Ins for the damages. At the same time I was told that in order to get my sticker I have to pay 407 0ver 2000.00 WHICH i PAID TO THE mto IN sCARBOROUGH. sEVERAL YEARS LATER i WAS TOLD i OWED ANOTHER $2000 but the 407 could not provide me with an itemized bill. Now 12 years yeater I am faced with a bill for 9.986.00 I do not have a vehicle and I have not driver on the 407 since 2004 What can be done about this
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Have you explained that you paid the bill and have never been on the highway since then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are they threatening to sue you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Then why does this matter if you don't have a car?