Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My girlfriend is pregnant and she's the threating that she

Customer Question

My girlfriend is pregnant and she's the threating that she will leave to Mexico and I will never see the baby again, she said because of my ethic background!
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

But what is you question? I don't see one here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well she's Mexican we have been together for 3 and a half years and we have A good relationship, can she legally leave the country with the unborn child? Who should I contact? I'm really exited to be a father and I don't wanna lose this opportunity

Yes she can leave the country when she is pregnant and there is nothing you can do to stop her.

If the child is born in Canada then you can stop her from removing the child.

But even if the child is living in Mexico you can go before a Court in Mexico to seek an order for custody or access. But to find out about how that works you would need to consult with a lawyer in Mexico.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't even contact any legal department? She's only doing this because of my ethic background which I didn't choose, also she's listed as my common law spouse in my applications and I can't leave Canada for now

There is no one to call. She has the legal right to live where she wants to and until the baby is born you have no right over the baby. If you can convince to remain until the baby is born then that would change everything.