Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

We are in the midst of a separation process. If my wife said

Customer Question

We are in the midst of a separation process. If my wife said she felt frightened that I would hit and convinced the children that I hit her the past which is not true. What course of action should I take?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

You should be retaining a family lawyer to assist you with this case because this is going to get very complex if you both wish to remain living in the home or if you both want custody of the children.

You should not move out of the home at least till you have obtain legal advice and she has no more right than you do to lock you out of any room of the house.

You should also start you consider who can be your witnesses in case she does make false allegations against you.