Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

Just wanting to know if the ofsc can by law charge people on

Customer Question

just wanting to know if the ofsc can by law charge people for snowmobiling on a ofsc trail on crown land without a permit, I know if you build a road across crown land to access your property the portion of road that crosses crown land you are not allowed to gate it or stop anyone from using the part of the road that crosses crown land, , ihavent been able to get a straight answer on this,
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 10 months ago.

Good Evening, yes an operator of a snowmobile can be charged for operating a snowmobile on an OFSC prescribed trail without a valid trail permit and the fine can be up to $1000. This is in accordance with the Ontario Motorized Snow Vehicles Act, section 2.1.

The only exclusion is if the operator is on a portion of prescribed trail on their own land.

If the OFSC learns that someone is operating without a permit, they can have the operator charged. Typically, it is the OPP who police the trails and enforce the Act.

Please let me know if you require anything further.

Jim

Hi, I see that you were back in and viewed my response, however I do not see a reply from you.

Please let me know if you require anything further or if you are satisfied with the information provided.

Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating.

Jim