Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Muata Mahluli
, My issue is the duration of child

Customer Question

Customer: Muata Mahluli
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My issue is the duration of child support and jurisdiction. I live in Michigan and my ex-wife and daughter live in Windsor, Ontario.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

How old is your daughter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She is 19 years old. Attending the University of Windsor.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The case is regarding child support duration. I live in Metro Detroit. Our child support case was handled by the Michigan Friend of the Court. Our divorce order outlined the duration of child support payments to age 18. My ex-wife has filed an application in the Ontario courts to extend the duration of child support. Is my original court order validate in the Canada courts?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have paid. Will my question be addressed?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Will the child live at home when not at school?