Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Please. On July 1 our house burned while my husband and I

Customer Question

please. My name is***** 1 our house burned while my husband and I were asleep we were awakened by the fire alarms and our neighbour's yelling for us to get out. We were taken by ambulance to hospital and sustained smoke inhalation and I injured my leg. We had to jump from a second story window with only minutes to spare we were in hospital for 3 days for my husband and I had to stay another day. My question now is after this I went in std through my company with no problem. Ltd is now taking some time. I have been treated in ccac for dressings to my leg following surgery and suffer from ptsd and suffering from anxiety and depression. I am now on a third trial of anti depressant which looks like it is working. I can't go back to work. My stress level is still high. I am a mess. RBC IS THE INSURANCE carrier and after a couple of ,on the they still have not made a decision. So in your opinion should I seek legal advice or should I just wait.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Are they simply not providing a decision, are they indicating they will not cover you, or are they asking for more information such as medical report?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They are just now adjudicating the file with their Dr's and nurses as of my phone call today. He the claim specialist said he just received the info from my Dr. Which is not true because I saw my Dr yesterday and she talked to him on Dec 21 and supplied the info.

Did they indicate when you would get a decision?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No they didn't.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My original letter dated Dec 2 said a decision within 30days
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Now they say there is new letter going out.

If they say there is a new letter going out it doesn't yet make sense to pay a lawyer. When you receive the letter you will see what their decision is or whether they want more information. If the decision is negative of course you should retain a lawyer. If the letter is asking for more information and you feel that they are leaning towards not providing you with the benefits then you should retain a lawyer that point in time.

Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you very much for help on this.

You are very welcome.