Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My bath tub leaked into 2 condo's below me. the property

Customer Question

my bath tub leaked into 2 condo's below me. the property management company sent there plumber out and he said the drain was leaking and recocked it.,i had to pay a bill for $800.00. 3months latter i filled the tub again the plumbers were sent back in they found a crack in the tub. This leaked into 2 condo's below,my insurance says its the condo's ins problem and vice versa. which ins should cover this. Nobody will move on this and management company is is saying they will send people in to do repairs and bill me. Now if their plumbers would have got the leak the first time this would not be happening. who is responcible and what should i do.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Who owns the drain? Is that considered part of the common elements or is the drain owned by you because the bathtub is owned by you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drain is mine but I'm hearing the tub is a permanent fixture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drain was not leaking
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

But the first time the plumbers were there they thought the drain was leaking. Is that correct?

The tub is a permanent fixture but you own the tub don't you?