Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am a 33 year employee of a retail chain back in August

Customer Question

Hi I am a 33 year employee of a retail chain back in August they wanted me to sign a letter saying I would work Sunday's and holidays. I refused to sign the letter nowing my rights. I did though agree that my schedule would change in 8 weeks. I proceeded to apply at another store in the chain which I had an interview set up they were very interested in me. The store then postponed my interview and I later found out my employee called HR on me.HR called the other store and told them not to hire me I am uncooperative and trouble .i have been a loyal employee and never had any problems with HR for 33 years. Are they allowed to do this to me?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Are you still working for the employer?

Would you say that you are doing a different job or at least that you job description has changed greatly because of the change that was imposed on you?