MHPC
MHPC,
Experience:  Solicitor at Meredith Holmes Professional Corporation
87721829

I live in BC and have a building scheme registered against

Customer Question

I live in BC and have a building scheme registered against the title on my home which is now 10 years old. It states that boats or RVs must be stored behind the home (not in the driveway). Is this enforceable? Who would enforce it? What are the possible penalties with non-compliance?
Thank you,
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  MHPC replied 11 months ago.

This is enforced by your town's by-law officers. They impose fines and issue orders for the removal of the boat or RV.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. I have checked with the regional district's by-law officer and she has confirmed that there are no enforcement actions taken by the district related to parking vehicles, including trailers, on private property. The building scheme was registered by the developer and was not put in place by any government. Despite your very short answer to the contrary I am starting to believe that this would be a civil matter between the developer, who is still building in my subdivision, and whomever violated the building scheme. Surely there is more to it than by-law enforcemeant since no by-law is in place in the District of Sooke. Sean.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've attached the email I received form the District.