Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I bough a new car on sat in new Brunswick, have since

Customer Question

I bough a new car on sat in new Brunswick, have since changed my mind. I signed all the papers on sat at the dealer ship. I also took the car home.. this is Monday can I break the contract
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

No. This is a firm and binding contract. There is no way that you can change your mind about a binding contract.

If the contract allowed you to cancel with in acertain amount of days that will be another matter. But, if it did once you took delivery of the car there is no way that you could cancel.

The only exception would be that if you found out that you were materially misrepresented as to what you were getting. So if you didn't get what you paid for that is another matter and then a court would set aside the contract if you could prove this.