Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I 't know what is the best thing to do now. My lawyer filed

Customer Question

I don't know what is the best thing to do now. My lawyer filed and application for child support arrears, spousal support and arrears and to settle property, along with my affidavit before Christmas. Since that was filed he refused to a sign consent order in his favor giving him the access that he wanted because his work schedule recently changed. We didn't get an order for Christmas access done until Dec. 22 and he breached a previous order by leaving the city with the children. He wants to get a custody assessment done- because we are asking him to pay the supports and property and he thinks a judge will hand the kids to him and he won't have to pay. I do have some medical issues that he already knew about that are discussed in my affidavit to show why I should get spousal support but they do not interfere with me looking after the children for 7.5 years. There is a court date on Jan 19 and he may bring that application for a custody assessment then. He will use this eczema thing to try to prove I am not looking after my son. So I don't know what to do now. If he brings an application for a custody assessment can we refute untruths in his affidavit and ask for sole custody? It always seems like he is doing something that is damaging the children psychologically and he can twist everything to blame me. He has always thought he is above the law and he can do whatever he wants and manipulate people and situations to get his way.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

What is your specific question this time? I'm not sure what more information you need.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If he brings an application for a custody assessment, can we refute any untruths in his affidavit and apply for sole custody?

Yes. Did you not read my answers from last night? Please do that now.

And please rate the answer from last night now as I didn't get paid for it since you failed to rate it. I really cannot afford to work for free unfortunately.

Then we can continue here.

So please let me know when you've read it and when you've rated the other answer.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I read the answer and it is rated, now what do I do? Sorry I thought I could ask more questions about the same issue.

You can.

What more do you want to know?