Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Can executrices claim funds from the "rest and residue"

Customer Question

Customer: can executrices claim funds from the "rest and residue" stated in the will?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My brothers will states that the rest and residue to be divided between the sisters to be shared and shared alike. Does this mean that the"rest and residue"is to be divided between the living sisters only? The rest and residue includes a house; Ounset; bins; machinery;and bank accounts that was not specifically named to any benificiary, but to the sisters onl
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you are asking.

Are you asking where the executor's fees come from?