Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My son in law born in Australia but nows lives in Canada

Customer Question

My son in law born in Australia but nows lives in Canada married to our daughter. Applied for a Canadian Resident Card and received his confirmation of acceptance on Oct 13/15. He has not received the Residency Card yet but was told he would of received it in 42 days back in October. He told them he and his Canadian wife and new baby were flying home to Australia near Melbourne to vist his family for xmas. They told him no problem it would arrive. They went to Australia and it still has not arrived and now the length of time is up to 85 days. He is a teacher in Calgary Alberta and must be back at work on Jan 4. He is flying back through LA on Jan 3. What can be done to allow him to travel by air into Canada. This whole system seems absurd. Please help
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. This is ridiculous to say the least.

He can get a travel document that will allow him to enter Canada and can use his Australian passport to board the plane.

Here is a link to the information he will need about getting the travel document:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp